Skip to main content

My Trip to New York

If you follow me on Facebook you would see that I recently spent a day in New York City. I wish I had more time there to explore but the purpose of my trip was actually fitness related then I had to get back to life in Ohio.

Let me back up to a year ago ... August 2014 ... I found CheerFit online. Through Google+ I believe.
I loved the look of her website and submitted the form for a free workout... That's how it all got started. Fast forward to March and I was now an ambassador. I partnered with Danielle to help bring her workouts to my area. It was nice to be part of this program. I had all my cheerleaders sign up for the workouts.

Then here we are, August 2015 and I am traveling to NY to meet Danielle in person! First let me just say that she is the nicest sweetest little ball of energy that I had the pleasure to meet!
Danielle was teaching a certification class that would allow me to do what she does and I could not miss out on that opportunity. She has such a great business sense and is so encouraging.

So I made the 9+ hour drive out of my small town in Ohio to the Big Apple.
Once I arrived I had a little bit of time before the class started. I was in Tribecca so I decided to walk over to the World Trade Center memorial. It was breathtaking and very humbling.

I didn't want to be late though so I headed over to Crunch Gym to meet Danielle. We spent the next 6 hours going over all things CheerFit BootCamp. It was intense and amazing at the same time. I was so excited for everything I was learning.

After the class was over I spent time taking selfies and saying my good byes. Now it was time to explore the city before heading out. I rode a ferry boat over to Staten Island. The ride was gorgeous. The sun was still up on the way over so I got great views of Ms. Liberty herself. Then on the ride back the sun had set and the nights-cape of the city was a photographers dream. After that I walked through Soho and Little Italy. Since fettuccine alfredo is my favorite, it was time to stop for dinner. After getting my belly filled I took the subway over to Times Square. The lights, the people, everything was so much to take in with such little time. Unfortunately It was very late (actually very early the next morning) and it was a very long ride home.

I would love to visit the city again and see it more in depth. Have you ever been to NYC? What did you love the most?

Now that I am home I am excited to see what I can do with this business. So if you know of any cheer squads that may enjoy a monthly workout plan, or even a single boot camp class- let me know.
Are you an individual who just needs an extra push, a start, or a change- Let me know.
Even if yo are not close to me to meet in person I can be your virtual coach on call!!

Please contact me today, I am bursting with excitement to be able to share all these fit tips :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

weight is just a number

The Answer? The all do. Each of these women weight 154 lbs Just for an FYI: The average American woman is 5'4" and weighs 164 lbs.

Stretching for flexibility

Stretching is such a critical aspect of life. Stretching will not only improve your athletic abilities it will also help prevent injuries. When you stretch it allows your joints to move in their full range of motion.This is also a great technique to get blood to flow to your muscles. When it comes to cheerleading stretching is a huge aspect. Why? because the focus is on flexibility. When my cheerleaders ask me how to get better jumps- my answer is always to stretch daily. So how do you stretch for cheer? - First you never want to start with cold muscles. So first thing to do is is a light jog for 5-10 minutes. After that your muscled will be warm and ready to be stretched out. - Next focus on your major muscle groups and muscles that you use frequently. For cheer, that would be your calves, hamstrings, quads and hips.It is also a good idea to stretch your back and neck. - When you stretch your right side, make sure you are also stretching your left side. - Hold your stretch

3-day workout week