Skip to main content

The ‘Struggle’ ISN’T Real



Listen up – I get comments all the time about how people just don’t have the time to work out. I hear it from busy moms, from people with active work schedules and active social lives. It is hard some days.

I personally have struggled with this as well. So what do I do?

Put it on my calendar!

In my bedroom (the place that I do most of my home workouts) I have a motivation board. On this board I like to pin up pictures and inspirational quotes to look at when I am feeling tired and discouraged.

I also have a small workout routine on the board- that way when i don’t know what to do or am simply to tired to think of stuff to do- I have a ready to go program right there.





I like to make some kind of mark on my calendar to notate what days I worked out and when I didn't. It gives me a sense of pride when I look at the whole month and see it covered in notes from my workouts.

SOME COMMON EXCUSES – AND WHY THEY DO NOT WORK:

Excuse: I have kids at home to take care of every night
Answer:
Let your kids workout with you. Children have much more energy than adults and the best part is that it’s contagious. Plus teaching them the values of living a healthy lifestyle and leading them through example is a very honorable way to spend your time together.
I like to play Just Dance on my Wii with my kids. We’ll play for an hour straight. While they think they are just playing a game, in reality we are getting some great cardio in.


Excuse: My work has a crazy schedule.
Answer:
So work around it! It’s true there are only 24 hours in a day. Some of those are are spent on necessary commitments. Make going to the gym (whether outside or inside the home) a priority. Put a reminder on your phone and don’t cancel! If you think that showing up to work on time is important than make showing up to the gym just as important.
Another great idea is to start a fitness group at work. My coworker and I like to take breaks from our desks on really nice days. We just take a 10 minute walk around the parking lot and chat about anything but work, lol. Challenge and push each other to be your best.


Excuse: I have injuries and can’t do a whole lot – you don’t have to do a whole lot to be active.
Answer:
-You know your body and your limits better than anyone. So do some modifications.
-Hire a personal trainer who has the knowledge to show you what you can and can’t do.
-The Internet also has so many resources to show you how to modify any fitness routine.


And most important- keep it FUN!

I like to throw out challenges to my clients and cheerleaders. It keeps them interested as well as myself. If you follow along on the Cheerfit calendar than I’m sure you look forward to the Friday Challenges just as much as I do.

Check out Dance Fitness with Jessica and Blogilates on YouTube.

They are some of my favorite go to ladies for a Fun and Energetic routine.

How do you keep going when it’s hard to find the time?

Stay FIT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

weight is just a number

The Answer? The all do. Each of these women weight 154 lbs Just for an FYI: The average American woman is 5'4" and weighs 164 lbs.

3-day workout week

Stretching for flexibility

Stretching is such a critical aspect of life. Stretching will not only improve your athletic abilities it will also help prevent injuries. When you stretch it allows your joints to move in their full range of motion.This is also a great technique to get blood to flow to your muscles. When it comes to cheerleading stretching is a huge aspect. Why? because the focus is on flexibility. When my cheerleaders ask me how to get better jumps- my answer is always to stretch daily. So how do you stretch for cheer? - First you never want to start with cold muscles. So first thing to do is is a light jog for 5-10 minutes. After that your muscled will be warm and ready to be stretched out. - Next focus on your major muscle groups and muscles that you use frequently. For cheer, that would be your calves, hamstrings, quads and hips.It is also a good idea to stretch your back and neck. - When you stretch your right side, make sure you are also stretching your left side. - Hold your stretch