Skip to main content

Kale

Yesterday I was at my favorite hangout spot on the web, http://blendedrecipes.com, and I decided to give Kale a try in my smoothies.

I tried Spinach a couple weeks ago and discovered that you can't taste it at all!
My favorite spinach smoothie is with bananas and peanut butter. 

Anyway, I tried their Recycled Air Remedy Smoothie. Turned out really good! I didn't even notice the Kale in it. I think what stood out to me the most was the pineapple.

I gathered all my smoothie ingredients last night. I chopped them all up and separated them into 1 cup increments (I have 10 cups of Kale!). Then I started putting together my smoothie mixed in plastic freezable Tupperware. I put little labels on the outside telling me what liquids to add, (ex: add 1 cup of water). 

This morning I got up grabbed 1 container, dropped it in the blender, added my water and voila! Super quick and easy breakfast in a cup and on the go.

Try pre-making your smoothies and freezing them.
Try Kale!
Let me know your thoughts.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

weight is just a number

The Answer? The all do. Each of these women weight 154 lbs Just for an FYI: The average American woman is 5'4" and weighs 164 lbs.

Stretching for flexibility

Stretching is such a critical aspect of life. Stretching will not only improve your athletic abilities it will also help prevent injuries. When you stretch it allows your joints to move in their full range of motion.This is also a great technique to get blood to flow to your muscles. When it comes to cheerleading stretching is a huge aspect. Why? because the focus is on flexibility. When my cheerleaders ask me how to get better jumps- my answer is always to stretch daily. So how do you stretch for cheer? - First you never want to start with cold muscles. So first thing to do is is a light jog for 5-10 minutes. After that your muscled will be warm and ready to be stretched out. - Next focus on your major muscle groups and muscles that you use frequently. For cheer, that would be your calves, hamstrings, quads and hips.It is also a good idea to stretch your back and neck. - When you stretch your right side, make sure you are also stretching your left side. - Hold your stretch

3-day workout week