Skip to main content

weigh yourself daily

I weight myself almost daily!
I wake up- go potty and immediately step on the scale. (before I eat or drink anything)

A lot of weight loss and fitness people in the world will tell you this is a very bad idea. That you shouldn't stress over the numbers on the scale. That it should be more about how your clothes fit and how healthy you feel.
I totally agree that those aspects are important. However, I also believe that the scale is a very good calculator for how your diet is going.

For Example: When I have a "bad food" day and eat much more than I should have, it shows on the scale the next morning. This puts me in check and makes me realize that "today is going to be better!"
When I have a good day - nutritionally- and I step on the scale the next morning and I either see no change, or a reduction in weight then I am happy. No gain is good gain for me.

Everyone's goals are different. Maybe you want to gain, maybe you want to maintain, maybe you want to lose. It could be that you just want to feel healthy and fit into your clothes better. That's all great!
All I'm saying is that stepping on the scale should not be considered a bad thing and people should not be shamed for doing so.

Surprisingly I found an article on MSN Health that agrees with me.
The study that they wrote about actually suggested that you weight yourself on Wednesdays
Find out why by clicking HERE

Do you weight yourself daily- or at least weekly
Why or why not?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

weight is just a number

The Answer? The all do. Each of these women weight 154 lbs Just for an FYI: The average American woman is 5'4" and weighs 164 lbs.

Stretching for flexibility

Stretching is such a critical aspect of life. Stretching will not only improve your athletic abilities it will also help prevent injuries. When you stretch it allows your joints to move in their full range of motion.This is also a great technique to get blood to flow to your muscles. When it comes to cheerleading stretching is a huge aspect. Why? because the focus is on flexibility. When my cheerleaders ask me how to get better jumps- my answer is always to stretch daily. So how do you stretch for cheer? - First you never want to start with cold muscles. So first thing to do is is a light jog for 5-10 minutes. After that your muscled will be warm and ready to be stretched out. - Next focus on your major muscle groups and muscles that you use frequently. For cheer, that would be your calves, hamstrings, quads and hips.It is also a good idea to stretch your back and neck. - When you stretch your right side, make sure you are also stretching your left side. - Hold your stretch

3-day workout week