Skip to main content

Advocare Success Story: Jared Thomas

My AdvoCare Journey began July 23, 2013 because of my son. He was born in September 2001 and he was perfect. I had all the dreams that a father has when he finds out he’s having a boy. We were going to play catch, basketball and wrestle around and he was going to be my best bud. Life as weall know sometimes takes us in unknown directions, and I found myself spending much of his early childhood working and going to nursing school to be able to support my family. I traded an active lifestyle and those dreams, for the sedentary life of a student. Very soon I was overweight and unhappy, and I had no time to spend with my son. We all know that children spell love as TIME.
In 2012 I graduated with my Nurse Practitioner degree and got a job in the healthcare field. I now had time to do things with my son, but I was 360 pounds. I had no energy and was a broken man physically, emotionally, and spiritually. In July of 2013 I was introduced to AdvoCare and took a chance on the 24-Day Challenge TM. Twenty-four days later I had lost 25 pounds.* I stuck with it and in another 24 days, adding in three 30 minute personal training sessions each week, lost another 25 pounds.* Fast forward to day 170 and I broke the 100 pound barrier, and by nine months I had lost 125 pounds.* I started using the Performance Elite products, and in months 10 and 11, I worked towards loosing fat and gaining muscle.* By one year, I had lost a total of 140 pounds and went from a size 56 to size 36 pants.*
The weight loss has been awesome, the energy is amazing. * But the big deal for me is the scheduled tennis night I have with my son; we play catch and basketball at the park. There is something magical about the look in your son’s eyes when you come home from work and tell him you are taking him to the trampoline park to play dodge ball! Pure admiration, it chokes me up every time! My next goal is to use AdvoCare products to help me train to compete in a physique competition here in Oregon.

If you want your own Advocare success story

CLICK HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

weight is just a number

The Answer? The all do. Each of these women weight 154 lbs Just for an FYI: The average American woman is 5'4" and weighs 164 lbs.

Stretching for flexibility

Stretching is such a critical aspect of life. Stretching will not only improve your athletic abilities it will also help prevent injuries. When you stretch it allows your joints to move in their full range of motion.This is also a great technique to get blood to flow to your muscles. When it comes to cheerleading stretching is a huge aspect. Why? because the focus is on flexibility. When my cheerleaders ask me how to get better jumps- my answer is always to stretch daily. So how do you stretch for cheer? - First you never want to start with cold muscles. So first thing to do is is a light jog for 5-10 minutes. After that your muscled will be warm and ready to be stretched out. - Next focus on your major muscle groups and muscles that you use frequently. For cheer, that would be your calves, hamstrings, quads and hips.It is also a good idea to stretch your back and neck. - When you stretch your right side, make sure you are also stretching your left side. - Hold your stretch

3-day workout week