Skip to main content

Balance your meals

The other day I took my kids to COSI. If you don't have one in your area- is the Center of Science and Industry. Its an amazing place of learning for people of all ages. Anyways while we were there they were having a "family fit day" in one of the rooms. It was all about making sure kids get plenty of exercise and great nutrition every day. They had fun games to play, dancing and information tables to teach kids how to make a healthy meal.

They wanted to make sure that all the kids knew that a healthy meal consisted of a good balance of all the food groups. Eating all fruits is healthier than eating only sweets but not as good as if you had veggies and protein too.


I found this app for my phone called Smart Food Tracker- food logger by Prusov Digital. I'm going to give it a try. I have previously downloaded other apps that track your calories and other nutritional info. You can also put in your exercises for the day and see how many calories you have burned but I find myself getting bored with those. They are great apps. Especially My Fitness Pal. I definitely still recommend it. I just think i would like to see more of my balance.
So I'll give it a try for awhile and let you know what I think :)

Here's a screen shot from the new app. 

I'm was also encouraged to go to THIS website by the USDA, It has amazing tips for dieters, kids, people on a budget and professionals such as teachers. They have plans, recipes, videos and printables.
This website also has a super tracker.



Stay Healthy my friends!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

weight is just a number

The Answer? The all do. Each of these women weight 154 lbs Just for an FYI: The average American woman is 5'4" and weighs 164 lbs.

Stretching for flexibility

Stretching is such a critical aspect of life. Stretching will not only improve your athletic abilities it will also help prevent injuries. When you stretch it allows your joints to move in their full range of motion.This is also a great technique to get blood to flow to your muscles. When it comes to cheerleading stretching is a huge aspect. Why? because the focus is on flexibility. When my cheerleaders ask me how to get better jumps- my answer is always to stretch daily. So how do you stretch for cheer? - First you never want to start with cold muscles. So first thing to do is is a light jog for 5-10 minutes. After that your muscled will be warm and ready to be stretched out. - Next focus on your major muscle groups and muscles that you use frequently. For cheer, that would be your calves, hamstrings, quads and hips.It is also a good idea to stretch your back and neck. - When you stretch your right side, make sure you are also stretching your left side. - Hold your stretch

3-day workout week