Skip to main content

Getting back on track.

The last time I posted about my health was in October. I apologize that I have not been giving updates on my progress. For those who are interested I have lost some weight. I was on a great plan and was seeing progress. So what happened? The Holidays. I know that's not a very good excuse. But honestly that's it.

I am a single mom with 3 very excited kids. I picked up a second job and just did not have the time or energy to work out every day. And on top of that all the sweets!! It doesn't help that I work in an office setting where clients were constantly bringing in "end of the year, thank you goodies". We STILL have cookies and candies sitting here staring at me.

So now that all that is over with I'm ready to get back on track.

NO! this is not a new years resolution. THIS IS FOR LIFE. I want to be a healthier person. Get to my goal weight, have more energy and be happier with myself. How will I do this?

1.) I plan on being smarter with what I eat. I tried counting calories. Its smart but I just got tired of it. I had this great app on my phone called "My Fitness Pal". It was great, really. And I may still use it. But I think with what I've learned over the past few months on fitness I think (hope) that I can make smart healthy decisions on my own. But If you would like more info on that app click here.

2.) I also follow a really great blog. The writer is a ballet student and she posts some great tips on staying healthy. She also creates her own fitness calendars each month. I started this the month of October and saw great results in my body toning up. I am definitely excited to get back into that.
You can follow her blog here. Check out her Calendars here.

3.) I want you to encourage me and keep up with my story. They say that's its best to have a "fitness buddy". Well I want that to be you!!! I promise I won't quite this time around. I will post more pictures and give regular updates on my progress. So please keep encouraging me. I want to hear your stories. I want to know what you are doing to be healthier. Deal?

I plan on keeping this blog all about my healthy progress but if you are interested in everything else in my life.
How I make my living as a single mommy. How I've helped friends start thier own businesses. And anything else about me. Then click here.

Be Blessed!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

weight is just a number

The Answer? The all do. Each of these women weight 154 lbs Just for an FYI: The average American woman is 5'4" and weighs 164 lbs.

Stretching for flexibility

Stretching is such a critical aspect of life. Stretching will not only improve your athletic abilities it will also help prevent injuries. When you stretch it allows your joints to move in their full range of motion.This is also a great technique to get blood to flow to your muscles. When it comes to cheerleading stretching is a huge aspect. Why? because the focus is on flexibility. When my cheerleaders ask me how to get better jumps- my answer is always to stretch daily. So how do you stretch for cheer? - First you never want to start with cold muscles. So first thing to do is is a light jog for 5-10 minutes. After that your muscled will be warm and ready to be stretched out. - Next focus on your major muscle groups and muscles that you use frequently. For cheer, that would be your calves, hamstrings, quads and hips.It is also a good idea to stretch your back and neck. - When you stretch your right side, make sure you are also stretching your left side. - Hold your stretch

3-day workout week